If you’ve ever worked with PROSOCO products before, chances are you’ve worked with one of our sales managers. They’re the guys out in the field whose jobs it is to make sure that you, our customer, have the exact product you need for the substrate, climate and circumstance; that your crews are knowledgeable about how to apply the product; and that if there’s any problem on the job site, it gets fixed quickly.
How do they do it? Well, for starters, they come from the construction industry. They’ve been in your shoes before, so they know what it’s like when the building owner complains about a brand new rust stain on the wall; when the rough opening isn’t measuring completely square; and when a concrete floor dye turns out all wrong.
Just as important, they’re constantly staying on top of the latest technologies and industry trends.
This week, PROSOCO sales managers gathered at company headquarters in Lawrence, Kan., to get the latest from the chemists and technical experts on our staff about products from all three of our business units – cleaners and protective treatments; air and water barriers; and concrete flooring products.
Some of us office rats also attended the trainings and demos. What have we been up to?
• We identified various types of stones by applying acid to them.
• We applied Spray Wrap MVP to the correct mil thickness.
• We conducted nearly a dozen troubleshooting treatments on a vinegar-etched concrete floor to see what would work and what wouldn’t.
• We watched biological stains practically fall off a façade of red brick after an application of Sure Klean 600.
• We listened to people way smarter than myself describe the complex chemistry behind different substrates, chemical solutions and the reactions that occur when you combine them.
• We heard about new products, old products and improved versions of existing formulas that will better serve your needs.
At PROSOCO, we like to say that our products are easy to apply and simple to use. Indeed they are. But your job is neither simple nor easy. On any given day, you might see something you’ve never seen before.
We don’t pretend to have seen it all before either. But when that happens, you can rest easy knowing that your sales manager is equipped with the right tools and resources to ensure the problem is solved. None of us will ever stop learning to make sure that’ll always be the case.